Write a paper of 1,000-1,500 words on cultural-diversity awareness. Address the following in your paper:
- How would you define cultural diversity?
- Why is it important for the counselor to develop self-awareness regarding one’s own cultural background, biases, attitudes, and values? Please identify biases that you may have. Within the population you choose, please select an age category such as adolescents, children, adults, or the elderly.
- How do the ACA and NAADAC codes of ethics provide a guide for counselors?
- Identify a diverse culture you may be counseling in your community. How can you learn more about this culture? You may select any of the following to write about: age, gender, religion, ethnic minority, Americans with disabilities, or sexual orientation.
- Identify any biases you may have had prior to learning about this population.
- What did you learn about the challenges you might face when working with this population?
- What steps must you take to become a culturally competent counselor with the population you have chosen? (Be specific.)
- Develop a plan to reach competence with the populations you have chosen.
Three to five academic resources are required for this assignment.Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.