Research tells us of the importance of letting employees know how well they are doing or what changes are necessary for better performance. This assignment will allow the learner to uncover this importance and develop ways to evaluate the supervisees.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,000–1,250-word paper that discusses the importance of evaluation and methods used. Include the following in your paper:
1. Discuss the importance of evaluating supervisees by clinical supervision leaders.
2. What does the research say about evaluating and offering feedback to supervisees?
3. Evaluate factors associated specifically with the supervisee that should be considered by the mental health leader when developing a plan for clinical supervision.
4. What evaluative techniques might the leader employ during the supervision process?
5. When are formative and summative evaluations used and why would you use one over the other?