This assignment will allow you to explore and understand the strengths and limitations of how studies of similar phenomenon differ in interpretation and presentation.
- Using the South University Online Library, access and review the following two articles of opposing conclusions:McCullough, M. L., Bandera, E. V., Patel, R., Patel, A. V., Gansler, T., Kushi,L. H., Thun, M. J., & Calle, E. E. (2007). A prospective study of fruits,vegetables, and risk of endometrial cancer. American Journal ofEpidemiology, 166(8), 902–911.
- Rogers, L. Q., Courneya, K. S., Paragi-Gururaja, R., Markwell, S. J.,& Imeokparia, R. (2008). Lifestyle behaviors, obesity, and perceivedhealth among men with and without a diagnosis of prostate cancer: A population-based, cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health, 8, 23.
- Click here to read about an overview of epidemiologic study designs.
Based on your readings and understanding, create a 1- to 2-page assessment of each study design and results in a Microsoft Word document. Your assessment should include:
- A comparison of the merits in each approach
- An analysis of the results and indication (s) of which study is more credible and why (if so) based upon your readings and knowledge of epidemiology till date
- An analysis of whether you support the results or not along with the reasons
- Suggestions, observations, or recommendations you may have for supporting or disputing how the results were presented