Research suggests that there are certain characteristics that are associated with successful entrepreneurs. This assignment will allow the learner to become familiar with the personality, cognitive, and behavioral characteristics that are associated with entrepreneurship. The learner will be able to compare the characteristics of successful and unsuccessful entrepreneurs and apply this knowledge to the development of business ventures during the entrepreneurship process.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,000–1,250-word paper that discusses the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur. Include the following in your paper:
1. Identify personality, social, cognitive, and behavioral features that have been found to distinguish between successful and unsuccessful entrepreneurs.
2. Compare the characteristics of successful and unsuccessful entrepreneurs.
3. Identify the differing ventures outcomes that are associated with successful versus unsuccessful entrepreneurs.
4. Synthesize what the research says regarding the criteria that makes an entrepreneur successful.