There are a number of supervisory models that the leader in clinical supervision role can employ in the process of providing supervision to students and employees. Consideration should be given to a number of factors, including personality, developmental level, and cultural awareness. Ideally the clinical supervisor should select the best approach to supervision based on the supervisee’s needs and abilities, as well as the limitations of the clinical setting. The American Psychological Association (APA) encourages leaders providing clinical supervision to consider multiculturalism in their approach to providing supervision to others. This assignment will allow the learner an opportunity to choose a supervisory style that can be used to address multicultural issues that may arise in the work setting. A plan will be developed to best address the issues.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,000–1,250-word paper that discusses the supervision process specifically as it relates to multicultural issues. Include the following in your paper:
1. Identify the reasons given by the APA for encouraging the inclusion of multicultural awareness to the supervision process.
2. Discuss two examples of multicultural issues that leaders might encounter.
3. Evaluate the best method of addressing these issues in a supervision plan? What model of supervision could be used?
4. Be specific on how to address these concerns and why this would be important for the supervisor-supervisee relationship