Focus of the Final Paper
The purpose of the Final Paper is for you to examine the causes of juvenile delinquency and the best strategies and interventions designed to stop juvenile delinquency. At a minimum, your paper should include the following:
- A detailed history of juvenile justice and varying approaches to its prevention.
- An exhaustive examination of all stakeholders to juvenile delinquency.
- A complete description of the issues addressed.
- A detailed analysis of possible strategies and interventions designed to stop juvenile delinquency.
- A comprehensive list and weighing of alternatives, both pro and con, to the strategies/interventions proposed.
- A prediction for how juvenile justice prevention and intervention strategies will be handled over at least the next two decades.
Students can supplement their papers with interviews of juvenile agency personnel, updates on current legislative initiatives in the area, and political analyses of juvenile justice issues.