Programming Problem 1
John wants to know the values of the area and perimeter of a rectangle. John can take measurements of the length and width of the rectangle in inches. John’s measurements are expected to be accurate to within 0.1 inch.
1. Identify the inputs and outputs of the problem.
2. Identify the processing needed to convert the inputs to the outputs.
3. Design an algorithm in pseudo code to solve the problem. Make sure to include steps to get each input and to report each output.
5. Write the program to implement your algorithm. Test your program using your test cases. Did your program produce the values predicted in your test cases? Explain.
4. Identify two test cases, one using whole number values, and one using decimal number values. For each of the two test cases show what inputs you will use and what your expected outputs should be.