Please complete this assignment on your own and submit it as pdf.
- (20 pts)
- Download, install Python in Windows environment
- Run a “hello world” program in Python in Windows environment
- Download install Python in Linux environment
- Run a “hello world” program in in Python in Linux environment
- Download , install C#
- Run a “hello world” program in C# Include the screenshots of each of your step.
Tips: You can download Virtual Box and Ubuntu to setup/run Python in a Linux environment. For C#, you can download Visual Studio to run your program in a .NET environment.
- What is the disadvantage of having too many features in a language? (10 pts)
- Why is readability important to writability? (5 pts)
- What are three general methods of implementing a programming language? Explain them briefly with your own words. (10 pts)
- Java uses a right brace to mark the end of all compound statements. What are the arguments for and against this design? (10 pts)
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of some programming environment you have used. (10 pts)
- What is one example of a lack of orthogonality in the design of C? Explain it with your own words. (10 pts)
- a) What programming language has dominated scientific computing over the past 60 years? (2 pts)
- b) What programming language has dominated business applications over the past 60 years? (1 pts)
- c) What programming language has dominated artificial intelligence over the past 60 years? (1 pts)
- d) In what language is most of UNIX written? (1 pts)
- What arguments can you make for the idea of a single language for all programming domains? (10 pts)
- Why is the von Neumann bottleneck important? (10 pts)